HHAC VISION AND MINISTRY STATEMENT
We will become devoted Christ followers as we believe in Christ, belong to the church and bless our community.
Our aim is that the ministry values listed here will be evident in our daily individual lives and in our life together as a faith community.
- Devotion to Jesus: Jesus Christ is central to God's purposes in the world and must be central in the life of individual believers and our church.
- We will depend on Christ through our practice of prayer and other spiritual disciplines.
- We will honour Christ through our passionate worship.
- We will follow Christ in obedience to His commands.
(Acts 2:42; Ephesians 6:18; John 14:15, 21; 1 John 4:19-21)
- We will encourage individuals, families and groups to spend time reading, studying and applying Scripture. All our teaching must be clearly rooted in the Bible.
- We will eagerly obey God’s Word and so live with personal and church integrity.
- We will be wise and above reproach in the stewardship of our personal and church resources.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We will seek opportunities to alleviate poverty and bring justice and mercy to those in need.
- We will generously share our resources of time, talent and money.
- We will seek opportunities to share the Good News, inviting others to join us in becoming disciples of Jesus.
- We will love the world for which Jesus died and will be involved in making disciples and helping in other parts of our world.
(Matthew 9:12-13; 9:35-38; 28:18-20)
- The relationships within our faith community will be charactherized by love, kindness, gentleness, humility, honesty, forgivenss, and other fruit of God's Spirit.
- The relationships amoung our elders, staff and ministry leaders will be marked by loving, godly behaviour and mutual respect.
- The relationships within our marriages and families will be strong and committed, reflecting the character qualities of Christ.
- The people in our greater community will be drawn to Christ as they see our concern for them and our love for one another.
(Ephesians 3:32; 5:31-33; 1 Peter 5:1-4; John 13:34-35)
- To equip the whole church family to be transformed by the Spirit into mature followers of Christ.
- To nurture and support families and marriages in a culture of fractured relationships.
- To impact the world through intentional serving, generous sharing and joyful proclaiming of Christ's love.
- To encourage loving relationships within our church family so that every person is connected and cared for.
- To glorify God through biblically based personal and corporate worship.